Thursday, May 29, 2008

Change your viewpoint~Change your heart

The following story was pointed out to me this week and it's thoroughly enjoyable!

“Pockets Full of Rocks,” by Larry A Hiller, Originally printed in March 1985 and again in the New Era, Jan 1996, p 44

It started when the boss yelled at him. From then on, things got kind of, well, rocky.

Malcolm Tent was still a young man when he began putting rocks in his pockets. It started one day when his boss, Mr. Gump, got angry at him for something that wasn’t his fault. He couldn’t yell back at his boss, because he might get fired. In fact, there wasn’t anything he could do except be angry inside. “But,” he thought, “I’m not going to forget this. No way.”

On the way home from the bus stop that night, he thought to himself, “I’ve got to remember how angry I am. I don’t want to forget this in the morning.” Suddenly he had an idea. There was a small rock on the sidewalk in front of him. He picked it up and said softly to himself, “I’ll keep this rock in my pocket to remind me of how unfair Mr. Gump was.”

And that’s what he did. That night he put the rock on his dresser with his keys and his comb. The next morning, when he got dressed to go to work, into his pocket went the ugly gray rock.

To continue reading this story... follow this link: "Pockets Full of Rocks"

No comments: