
My books and I have a special relationship. If I could have a special room in my house just for me, I would have an enormous library filled with floor to ceiling shelves of beautiful books. I'd have a Persian rug beneath cherry tables and chairs with hanging chandeliers and lamps showering clean white light from every corner. I would ride the floating ladder to choose as yet unknown favorites from the highest shelves and then sit for hours and hours and read. Honestly, I'd rather read than eat... most of the time.
My favorite store in the world is Barnes and Noble, but I have to limit my visits because invariably I will buy something when I go in. I have had to resist getting an online account with them because it's so easy to just order anything I want. Recently I bought another book on nutrition called "The China Study". I just eat them up! (hee hee)
I think the book bug has bitten my 10 year old daughter. She begs to go to the library most every day. Thankfully it's only 3 minutes from our house! The book bag is empty... I think it's time to go tomorrow! I love the library.
Now... I do need to spend more time with my scriptures. I have been inspired lately by an online book that you might enjoy. It's being posted a chapter at a time with one new chapter each Wednesday. It's called "The Holy Secret" by James L. Farrell. Here's a link: http://deseretbook.com/secret/?chapter=1 There are several chapters posted already.
This summer my goal is to read:
Daily Scriptures
The China Study
Eat For Health
and with the kids:
Iron Thunder by Avi
and maybe the last 2 Harry Potter Books
So... What are you reading this summer?



4 comments:
Nothing! :( I love reading, but can't seem to get it done with all the kiddos around.
One of the problems I run in to doing my walking at Tally Mall is having to walk PAST Barnes & Noble. It just 'smells' so good walking by there!
Once, while walking with dd, we succumbed to the pull of the books and went in. Needless to say, we didn't leave empty handed.
And NOW, I have 3 books on the list that dd is "desperate" for!
Dangerous place!
hmm, not sure yet,
I just finished the The Glass Castle and I heard someone mention that the The Magdalen (sp?) is good so I may check that out. Cole has well had the reading bug too, that's so much fun. I'm also reading off and on Raising a G-Rated Family in an X-Rated World, By Brent and Phelecia Hatch, I have a good amount of Parenting books and this is one of my favorites.
I am reading the 2nd book in the AD Chronicles by christian authors, the Thoene's. I loved the first one, and am really enjoying the 2nd one just as much! It's a novel about life when Jesus walked the earth. Very interesting and enjoyable!
Post a Comment