
Oh really??
This morning several frustrating events occurred one right after another. 6:40 am. One daughter couldn't find her keys and had to be at work in 20 minutes. I'm up earlier that I want to be! We are searching everywhere. She finally spots them in the back seat of her car. 6:45 am. One son said he had a stomach ache. I asked if it was hunger, but he insisted it was an 'ache'. Dad tries to help daughter get her door open with a coat hanger. Not working. As he returns inside, he tells me that outside the front door there is a bit of a mess to clean up. We left 2 bags of garbage on the front porch overnight so we could clean the big garbage cans. We forgot to finish that job last evening and of course, some mysterious creature of the night got into the trash bags for tasty scraps of bananas and other yummy leftovers. He must have been a smaller version of the mysterious creatures of the night because he didn't make a huge mess. Thank goodness! 6:50 am. Dad is taking daughter to work and I am calling the insurance company to see if we have coverage to pop-a-lock on the car. Next, son with a stomach ache helps me double-bag the garbage on the porch and start the lovely rinsing of the garbage cans. 7:05 am. Son with a stomach ache starts off to the bathroom. I start a load of laundry. In a few minutes, son seems fine. I decide to wait a little longer and then I'll ask him what he wants to eat for breakfast. 7:20 am. I get a shower, knowing the pop-a-lock guy will be here soon. 7:35 am. Dad returns. Son with a stomach ache is groaning in the bathroom now. Dad goes in to check on him and take a cool washcloth. 7:45 am. The pop-a-lock guy shows up and gets the car open and the alarm goes off. It takes Dad nealry 30 seconds (which is another word for eternity) to disable the alarm. I'm sure some of the neighbors are thinking up ways to pay us back later! Son is in the bathroom, still groaning. I'm signing the papers for the pop-a-lock guy. Dad goes in to check on him just in time. The toilet is slowed up and the throwing up starts. He is sick for about 10 minutes. Sometime during all this craziness, we had decided that Dad would drive daughter's car to her workplace so that she would have it later, and I would drive my van to bring him back home, but when he tried to adjust her front seat, it would only go forward, not back, and is now ALL the way forward. Now she can't drive her car. She will need a ride home later. *sigh*



No comments:
Post a Comment