
Sunday we had our Ward Conference. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this term: A "ward" is a local congregation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a "stake" is a larger area of the church which usually consists of several large and several small congregations. Thus, a "Ward Conference" is when regularly scheduled meetings of the ward occur with stake leaders present to give direction and inspire the ward leadership in their responsibilities.
So... Sunday was our Ward Conference and our Stake Leadership was present. We were pleased to hear from great speakers and I particularly enjoyed the messages centered on the blessings of reading and studying our scriptures DAILY. We were given an extensive list of scriptures on the Atonement of Christ by a member of our Stake Presidency and were challenged to read and study all of them and then write a letter back to him to share our experience and the things we learn.
I have begun by marking the verses and writing down the phrases that are significant to me. When I complete this challenge, I want to read "Jesus, the Christ" by James Talmadge. I've used it for reference, but have never read it in its entirety. It should keep me busy for awhile!
I am excited and motivated! I want to claim the blessings for my family that will come through nourishing our spirits and minds every day with the messages and words of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We are so blessed to have the scritures and knowledge that our Heavenly Father and our Elder Brother Jesus Christ love us and know each of us by name. I am so grateful.
OK... off to get my day started! Have a great one!



No comments:
Post a Comment